This holiday season you don’t have to skip the best part of dinner parties: Desserts! Try one of these diabetic holiday dessert recipes and satisfy your sweet tooth.
With the holidays around the corner, there is a lot of planning going on. But, there is also a lot of love, spending time with family, having delicious drinks, decadent dinners and desserts that are just to die for. With these diabetic holiday dessert recipes you will be able to enjoy everything without the guilt or the worry!
When there is cooking involved – especially during dinner parties – you want to be able to take the most advantage of your time. Make it quick, hassle-free but also delicious. With these easy diabetic desserts you will have the answer to your prayers, that way you can spend more time having fun.
If you are thinking about hosting Thanksgiving, Christmas or a Holiday Party at your place, it is also unbelievable special when you take the time and think about your friends or loved ones that live with diabetes.
With diabetic friendly Christmas desserts your guests will not only feel appreciated, but its extremely kind going the extra mile so they too can enjoy.
Amongst our favorite diabetic holiday dessert recipes, we have:
- Citrus Gingerbread Cookies: with the zesty touch of orange and lemon, these traditional cookies sure have a nice kick.
- Eggnog Mousse: who does not love a good cup of eggnog this holiday season ? included in our diabetic friendly Christmas desserts favorites, this mousse is fluffy, elegant and a great way to finish delicious meals.
- Frozen Pistachio Dessert with Raspberry Sauce: even some of the names on these diabetic holiday desserts recipes are decadent – just like this one. Raspberry brings a delicious and ultra happy flavor to this creamy plate.
- Key Lime Mousse Cups: as part of our easy diabetic desserts, these phyllo cups are filled with a lightweight and refreshing mousse with just the right amount of tartness.
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Squares: another super easy recipe comes from this pumpkin dream, being a little bit creamy and a little bit crunchy, these squares have it all.
- Gingersnap Cream Cookie Cups: how can you have diabetic friendly Christmas desserts if you don’t have some flavorful gingersnap? These cookie cups are easy to prepare, lightweight, creamy and delicious.
- Makeover Lemond Pound Cake: this classic cake has a twist with low-fat yogurt, which makes it fluffy and delicious. It’s one of those comfort foods that you shouldn’t have to cut out of your life.
- Light & Easy Cheesecake Bars: with hints of lemon, a tender crust and crunchy berries to top it of, these bars are easy, breezy, tasty!
- Chocolate Mocha Cheesecake: there is nothing more rich and flavorful than chocolate. This easy to make cheesecake satisfies any sweet craving without the crazy calorie count.
- Granny Smith’s Apple Crisp: apple pie, what’s not to love ? The spicy kick, the deliciousness of juicy apples and the crunchy nuts. This version is just faster to prepare, and as healthy as can be!
- Cranberry Almond Tarts: nothing says holiday season more than cranberry flavor, and these little tarts add the perfect finishing touch to any gathering during this time of the year.
As with any other plate that you are having, these diabetic holiday dessert recipes are meant to satisfy your cravings for something sweet, without putting your health – or the health of your loved ones – in any danger.
However, it is important to keep in mind that everything that you eat should be in moderation. Don’t forget to take your daily blood sugar levels test, select wholesome ingredients for everything that you will prepare and eat within the right portions.
Staying active, especially during cooler days, also has its added bonus: with lower temperatures your body burns far more calories, your mood can improve and you can fight the winter blues with just the right amount of exercise.