Trying to add delicious meals to your routine while also taking care of your health? These delicious high fiber diabetic recipes will do just that!
If you enjoy cooking and meal prep, odds are that you are on top of your health and diabetes management, and you understand how much what you put into your body can influence how you feel. These high fiber diabetic recipes provide the nutritional balance you need, without putting your glucose levels at risk.
Fiber is an important part of a diabetic’s diet because – although it is a form of carbohydrate – it does not suffer a break down once it’s inside our bodies. Meaning that it will not pose any sort of risk on the sugar blood leaves of a diabetic patient. Amazing, isn’t it?
In fact, adding easy diabetic recipes to your routine can be a fantastic way of supporting your digestive system without too much fuss, because that is one of the traits of fiber: it promotes better digestion and a better balance and performance of our system.
Moreover, another great quality about including diabetes recipes for dinner that are either fiber based or have a high fiber content, is that this will often have a lower calorie count, as fiber technically does not contribute to that number.
Other benefits of high fiber diabetic recipes is that they will likely keep you full for a longer period of time, and can actually help you lose the extra weight while lowering the risks that are often associated with diabetes.
So, how ideal it is to add some easy diabetic recipes to your weekly routine, or have them handy whenever you want to meal-prep over the weekend?
We’ve rounded up the best diabetes recipes for dinner, lunch and even breakfast that are high in fiber, balanced out with protein and complex carbs to ensure that you get everything you need from your diet, without any risk of complications.
- Buffalo & Black Bean Chili: delicious and fiber packed black beans are cooked with red peppers and extra lean ground beef to make this chili a memorable experience. The best part is that you can always switch out the protein for some lean turkey or even shredded chicken.
- Vegetarian San Choy Bau: for those veggie lovers, these are filled with cauliflower fried rice which makes it interesting while also being packed with flavor. The combination of spies will definitely leave you wanting more.
- Maple-Apple Drenched French Toast: for those that love a sweet breakfast idea, this plate is just perfect. Apples and crunchy pecans and walnuts add the perfect combination of juiciness and taste.
- Delicious Baked Eggs: a shakshuka may sound exotic, and the flavors that this recipe pack will deliver just that. Poached eggs, juicy tomatoes and a perfect combination of spices will make this a memorable one.
- Oatmeal Brunch Casserole: another breakfast favorite, oatmeal comes with a wide number of benefits for those living with diabetes. This plate is warm, hearty, gooey and everything you want for a cozy morning.
- Southwestern Beef & Bean Burger Wraps: these are some patties that everyone in the family will love. Full of flavor and a load of fiber that comes from black beans, no one will guess how healthy they are or how easy to prepare!
- Crispy Chicken Parmesan: imagine you are in the mood for some delicious comfort food. This chicken recipe will turn out to be all the hype, without the high calorie count. A high fiber dish that can be modified to add eggplant to please the palate of the vegetarians in the family.
- Crispy Seitan Stir-Fry: if you are inspired by Asian cuisine, this recipe will provide what you seek as it is colorful, crunchy, covered in a delicious sauce and super easy to prepare.
These high fiber diabetic recipes prove that your meals do not have to be lacking in taste or take hours to make. They are easy, healthy and deliver the amount of flavor you and your family expect (and deserve!) while taking care of your health.