Learn how to detox your body the right way at BetterHealthKare.com
Health conscious individuals have become curious about detox cleanse products and procedures over the past few years. Knowing how to detox your body is important because it removes unwanted toxins from the body, which tend to store up in body organs like the stomach and liver. When these organs are weighed down with toxins, they cannot work as well as they should and this may lead to all types of adverse health effects.
Detox advocates, like celebrities, have been hailing detox tea as a good way to detox and also lose weight. They have created quite a buzz in media outlets, and often exhibit before and after photos that depict great weight loss results. The question remains – do detox drinks really work, or is it all hype and altered photographs? Below are some things to consider before trying any detox drinks:
- You may find that drinking detox tea helps you lose weight, but the truth is that you are losing water and not really affecting fat cells. Many detox drinks, like detox tea, contain caffeine and diuretics that will remove water from your body. Bloating may disappear, and you may feel thinner, but you really haven’t lost any body fat.
- Detox tea can also have a laxative effect, causing your GI tract to eliminate waste, which results in feeling lighter and thinner. This effect may actually help by giving your confidence a boost and motivating you to begin a healthy diet regimen. The caveat is that if you stop using detox drinks, and eating healthy, you will be right back where you started.
- How to detox your body and lose weight also includes exercising. Some of the more prominent detox cleanse products are advertising that their products should be taken along with eating a healthy well-balanced diet, drinking plenty of water, and engaging in 3 to 5 exercise routines a week. To drive home their point, some detox advocates are providing healthy meal plans for sale online. Anyone who eats a healthy diet and exercises 3 to 5 times a week can lose weight, whether they drink detox tea or not.
It’s anyone’s guess if detox cleanse products are enhancing weight loss results, and without a controlled research study, we cannot make any claims endorsing a detox cleanse for weight loss.
- You should also be aware of any adverse side effects of detox drinks. Detox products often include other ingredients, such as herbs, that can speed up metabolism, remove water from the body, and also curb your appetite. Herbal additives, though they may be natural, can cause adverse effects when taken in excess. Adverse effects include:
- Nausea, gas, bloating, cramps
- Abdominal pain and discomfort
- Loss of sleep
- Diarrhea that can cause potassium depletion and electrolyte abnormalities, leading to abnormal heart rhythm and muscle spasms
- Nervousness, restlessness, ringing in the ears, anxiety, fast heart and breathing rate, and headache.
Learning how to detox your body safely and effectively demands more answers regarding the products we use. Read labels carefully and research ingredients that you are not familiar with. You are your own best judge when it comes to knowing when a product is affecting you in a negative way, so be vigilant when trying something new.
Learn more about healthy ways to lose weight at www.BetterHealthKare.com