A healthier diet with less sugar and carbs is one of the keys on how to reverse diabetes
Although there are numerous factors as to why someone will develop type 2 diabetes, learning how to reverse diabetes can help negate health complications from the disease.
With obesity and overweight being the biggest risk factors for developing type 2 diabetes, a better-managed diet, and physical exercise can help limit the effects of type 2 diabetes and possibly reverse it.
If you want to learn how to reverse diabetes, keep reading on how combining routine exercise with a healthier diet may be all you need to manage diabetes and improve your overall health.
What is type 2 diabetes?
Once you are diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, managing the disease properly is the key to avoiding serious health complications including heart disease, nerve damage and vision loss.
Reverse Type 2 Diabetes With a Better Diet
Along with speaking with your doctor or dietitian on the right diet for you, following these basic premises can also help reverse type 2 diabetes:
- Add healthy fats like avocados, nuts, fish, cheese, and dark chocolate to your diet
- Incorporate whole grains, fruits, vegetables, and lean protein
- Limit alcohol consumption and sweets
Using Physical Exercise In Reversing Type 2 Diabetes
In addition to limiting the effects of type 2 diabetes by helping you lose weight and improve your overall health; a daily exercise routine is vital to start reversing type 2 diabetes.
Reserving type 2 diabetes is not an easy process but talking with your doctor about an exercise regime is beneficial in managing type 2 diabetes. Also, consider these additional tips while conducting physical exercise:
- Don’t overexert yourself initially: Starting slowly and gradually increase the length and intensity of the routine.
- Quicken the pace: Fast walking requires only a good pair of running shoes and the motivation to keep the pace at a brisk pace.
- Keep monitoring: Don’t forget to remain vigilant on your blood sugar before, during, and after any physical exercise.
- Eat and stay hydrated: Keep a snack handy in case your blood sugar does drop and continue drinking lots of water to help prevent any unforeseen circumstances.
Being diagnosed with type 2 diabetes doesn’t mean you have to accept the disease in your life forever. Learning how to manage it properly can mean the difference between a better quality of life or constant health concerns.