A healthier diet with less sugar and carbs is one of the keys on how to reverse diabetes
Although there are numerous factors as to why someone will develop type 2 diabetes, learning how to reverse diabetes can help negate health complications from the disease.
With obesity and overweight being the biggest risk factors for developing type 2 diabetes, a better-managed diet, and physical exercise can help limit the effects of type 2 diabetes and possibly reverse it.
If you want to learn how to reverse diabetes, keep reading on how combining routine exercise with a healthier diet may be all you need to manage diabetes and improve your overall health.
What is type 2 diabetes?
Before you learn how to reverse diabetes, it’s important to know what type 2 diabetes is. The most common form of diabetes is type 2, which means your body is no longer using insulin properly.
Your pancreas produces insulin but being obese or overweight can lead to your pancreas not being able to generate enough insulin to manage effective blood glucose levels.
With excess fat having such a profound effect on your body producing insulin, losing weight is the primary factor cited with people who have experienced type 2 diabetes reversal.
Once you are diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, managing the disease properly is the key to avoiding serious health complications including heart disease, nerve damage and vision loss.
Click here to find out the first signs of type 2 diabetes
Reverse Type 2 Diabetes With a Better Diet
To reverse type 2 diabetes, a diet limiting calories from carbohydrates and sugar can help improve your health to help you shed pounds, limit diabetes symptoms and start to reverse type 2 diabetes.
Along with speaking with your doctor or dietitian on the right diet for you, following these basic premises can also help reverse type 2 diabetes:
- Add healthy fats like avocados, nuts, fish, cheese, and dark chocolate to your diet
- Incorporate whole grains, fruits, vegetables, and lean protein
- Limit alcohol consumption and sweets
Find more type 2 diabetes diet recommendations here
Using Physical Exercise In Reversing Type 2 Diabetes
In addition to limiting the effects of type 2 diabetes by helping you lose weight and improve your overall health; a daily exercise routine is vital to start reversing type 2 diabetes.
Reserving type 2 diabetes is not an easy process but talking with your doctor about an exercise regime is beneficial in managing type 2 diabetes. Also, consider these additional tips while conducting physical exercise:
- Don’t overexert yourself initially: Starting slowly and gradually increase the length and intensity of the routine.
- Quicken the pace: Fast walking requires only a good pair of running shoes and the motivation to keep the pace at a brisk pace.
- Keep monitoring: Don’t forget to remain vigilant on your blood sugar before, during, and after any physical exercise.
- Eat and stay hydrated: Keep a snack handy in case your blood sugar does drop and continue drinking lots of water to help prevent any unforeseen circumstances.
Being diagnosed with type 2 diabetes doesn’t mean you have to accept the disease in your life forever. Learning how to manage it properly can mean the difference between a better quality of life or constant health concerns.
Learn more about how to reverse type 2 diabetes at www.BetterHealthKare.com