2 Tbsp (30 mL) canola oil
2/3 cup (150 mL) graham wafer crumbs
1/2 cup (125 mL) skim milk
1 stalk fresh lemongrass, chopped
— or 3 tbsp. (45 mL) dried lemongrass
2 cups (500 mL) low fat cottage cheese
8 oz (250 g) 1 pkg. light cream cheese, at room temperature
1 Tbsp (15 mL) sucralose brown sugar blend
1 Tbsp (15 mL) cornstarch
1 can (10 ounces/284 mL) mandarin oranges, packed in juice, drained
- Preheat oven to 325°F (165°C). Place parchment paper in the bottom of a 9 inch (23 cm) springform pan. Sprinkle graham crumbs into the pan and add canola oil.
- In a small saucepan, heat milk on medium. Add lemongrass and stir well. Bring mixture to low boil.
- Remove from heat and allow to stand for at least 20 minutes. Strain to remove lemongrass. Save milk.
- In a blender or food processer, blend cottage cheese until smooth. Add cream cheese, milk, eggs, brown sugar and cornstarch and blend until smooth. Pour over crust.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until set. Allow to cool, then refrigerate for 4 hours. Remove from pan. To serve: slice and garnish with mandarin orange segments and lemongrass, if desired.