Need to eat healthy but don’t have the time to plan meals for the week? These meal kits for diabetes may be the answer for you!
Living with diabetes can be challenging, especially when you are short on time to plan your meals and really pay attention to what you consume in order to control your glucose levels. But, with services that offer meal kits for diabetes you may just find your perfect match.
With the “healthy eating” trend a lot of meal services have taken into consideration those with special needs when it comes to their food choices.
Companies like SunBasket, Blue Apron and Chef’d – to name a few – have developed plans for those that must follow a paleo diet, have a gluten-free alternative, low fat, low sugar and for diabetics.
Depending on your preference, choosing the best meal delivery service may be challenging, as these companies strive to provide their clients with fresh, wholesome ingredients to enjoy a healthy meal in the comfort of their homes.
Essentially, meal kits for diabetes are aimed for those that require specific nutritional support, ensuring that their blood sugar levels remain steady as part of their diabetes management plan.
Moreover, healthy meal delivery services have proven to be helpful in supporting a better quality of life, since their main focus is to provide their clients with easy-to-prepare meals that are centered around a lean protein with organic vegetables and complex carbs as sides.
In addition, the best meal delivery service for your particular healthy goal will take another thing into consideration: portion control. The meal kits for diabetes are designed to keep you full for longer periods of time, while paying close attention to the contents of said meal.
Within their diabetes-friendly options, SunBasket – one of the healthy meal delivery services mentioned above – ensures that their menu includes plates that are not only low in sugar, but also low in sodium and high in fiber, since these are a few of the main characteristics diabetics should seek in their meals.
Another good example of why meal kits for diabetes work, is their caloric content. These diabetes-friendly options will take into consideration the amount of calories necessary in your diet, in order to ensure that you meet those levels, without compromising your stability.
The idea is that, eating healthy does not have to be a burden or difficult, but it should become a way of life without too much fuss.
If you are on the lookout for meal kits for diabetes for yourself or a loved one, the following companies have already jumped on the wagon by providing meal plans that cater to this health need:
- SunBasket: offering organic and clean produce, this company provides their clients with a weekly delivery service with the promise that you will have a delicious and healthy meal ready to eat in under 30 minutes.
- Blue Apron: with the option to have a personalized menu, this service allows you to choose your meals ahead of time taking into consideration any allergies or dietary preference you may have.
- BistroMD: designed specifically for those with special requirements in their diets, this option is not only great for those looking to prepare healthy dinners, but they have diabetes-friendly options for breakfast, lunch and even snacks.
- Fresh N’ Lean: this option is ideal for those that really don’t have the time to cook. Offering ready-to-eat meals, this company promises organic ingredients, vegan options and premium quality, while remaining gluten-free.
- Chef’d: with the support of the American Diabetes Association, this service has been curated by registered dietitians ensuring that their meals follow the nutritional guidelines recommended for diabetic patients in accordance to the ADA.
These and many other services are available in order to simply your life and provide the support you need when developing your diabetes management plan. As always, portion control and checking your sugar blood levels regularly is recommended in order to maintain a healthy lifestyle when you have diabetes.