Warmer weather, sunny days and blossoming trees are the perfect scenery to try a few of these light and easy spring recipes!
With winter days almost gone and the start of a new season, we may feel tempted to try something new, just to change things up a bit. These easy spring recipes are not only full of flavor, but colorful and cheery enough to match the perfect weather that we get to enjoy.
The best part of these simple spring recipes is that they are refreshing, easy to whip up to take on the go, and they are super healthy, so you can also stay on track while you add a few new notes to your daily routine.
Whether you like to start your mornings with a refreshing smoothie, packed with all the antioxidants and nutrients you need before heading out, or you have the time to sit and enjoy a full meal, we’ve rounded up the best healthy spring recipes that can easily become part of your repertoire.
In addition to starters and main dishes, we’ve also included a couple of refreshing cocktail recipes for those who enjoy entertaining or simply like to have a little night cap with their loved one.
As part of our favorite healthy spring recipes, you’ll be delighted to try:
- Grilled Lemon Chicken Salad: nothing says spring time better than fresh and juicy lemons, and not only are they colorful, but they add just the right touch of sweet and tartness in this recipe. Simple and nice, this chicken salad can be adapted to whatever vegetables you prefer.
- Pesto Chicken with Roasted Tomatoes: a good pesto goes perfectly with almost anything, and in this recipe the pairing with chicken makes an unforgettable plate. The combination makes it creamy and rich, which goes great with the juicy roasted tomatoes.
- Spring Scampi with Chives: who wouldn’t enjoy one of the simple spring recipes that can be ready to serve in just under 15 minutes? Garlicky and lemony, this fresh shrimp and chives combination has a decadent flavor with just the right amount of sauce to dip your favorite crusty bread in.
- Goat Cheese and Spinach Tart: a savory egg and cheese pie that is perfect for a cozy dinner at home, or to enjoy as part of your breakfast. Easy to prepare, and even easier to take on the go! This one has a bit of everything which makes it a super balanced meal.
- Pasta Primavera: you know spring has knocked on your door when you can find colorful and crisp vegetables to add to your dishes, and this one does not disappoint. Toss some seasonal veggies in a skillet with garlic, olive oil and your favorite boiled pasta for a delicious and hearty meal, served with a dash of parmesan or goat cheese to enhance the flavor.
- Dijon-Herb Crusted Salmon with Creamy Dill Sauce: no one would believe this fancy meal can be ready in under 30 minutes. With the perfect balance of crunch, fluff and creaminess, this plate can be combined with a refreshing salad easily adjusted to your favorite seasonal vegetables.
Of course that our favorite easy spring recipes cannot be complete without a proper dessert idea, and the cocktails we mentioned above. Part of the ones we love include:
- Mini Strawberry Tarts: creamy, beautiful and refreshing, these mini tarts are the perfect way to end a savory meal. They are rich and flavorful without being too heavy, which makes them perfect for spring.
- Key Lime Icebox Cake: imagine layers of creamy lemon custard combined with the crunch of graham crackers. That is exactly what this delicious dessert brings to your table, sweet and tangy while being super refreshing.
- Spiked Grilled Pineapple Lemonade: while still being super refreshing, this cocktail has a twist that comes from the smoky flavored fruit. Perfect for a day of grilling and outdoor activities with your loved one, pair it with silver rum or tequila, according to your preference.
- Strawberry-Lime Rickey: muddled strawberries combined with a dash of lime and your favorite brand of gin, vodka or bourbon will make this a sweet and tangy cocktail that is refreshing, aromatic and colorful. Perfect for spring!
We are sure you will be delighted once you try any of these easy spring recipes and that they will become a family favorite from the very first try.