New pasta tricks to satisfy your cravings and still keep you on track? That is exactly what these veggie noodle recipes have to offer!
Who wouldn’t think of pasta when day dreaming about comfort food? But if you live with diabetes, odds are that you think twice before succumbing to that desire. Try using these delicious veggie noodle recipes to satisfy that craving and still keep up with your diabetes management plan!
Many people may wonder how to cook veggie noodles, whether or not the flavor will be the same or if the consistency is something that will resemble the real deal. Truth is, that these delicious recipes work perfectly in your diabetes diet, are rich in nutrients, and will likely become a part of your weekly meal plan.
Whether you use a zucchini noodles recipe, or opt to try one made with sweet potato or carrots, these meals are packed with fiber that will promote better digestion, improve your bowel movements and even lower your blood sugar levels.
This means that they are not only super tasty, but are actually really good for diabetic patients. As with any other meal option, it is important to remain in control of your portions, paying close attention to the combination of proteins and any other added ingredients you may use.
When using these veggie noodle recipes it is recommended to stick to organic and wholesome ingredients, the freshest the better, and to lean proteins, keeping in mind that your preparation should be low in sodium and fat.
If you are wondering how to cook veggie noodles or if it will be complicated, we also got good news for you on that department. Depending on the vegetable that you choose – think of that famous zucchini noodles recipe – you won’t even need to spend time boiling the noodles!
We have selected our favorite veggie noodle recipes, which are colorful, packed with flavor and with the nutritional value you need for your diabetes management plan. We promise these will be healthy yet comforting enough, just like your favorite pasta dish:
- Carrot Noodles with Ginger-Lime Peanut Sauce and Cilantro: this raw recipe is refreshing, zesty, sweet and spicy all in one. The best of all is that it can be whipped up in just a few minutes and you can add roasted nuts for a surprising crunch.
- Guilt-Free Zucchini Pasta: this is the perfect spot to start when you are new to the veggie noodles recipes hype. This tasty plate is all about fresh ingredients and a tasty layer of parmesan for an extra dose of flavor.
- Zucchini and Turkey Lasagna: when you are a fan of the Italian favorite, this lasagna is the perfect answer to your prayers. A super low-carb homemade casserole that is half the fat and sodium of the traditional dish, but with just the exact amount of flavor.
- Spaghetti Squash Garlic Parmesan: who does not love garlicky pasta? This variation is packed with flavor just like the original version, but cutting the carbs away. A sharp parmesan cheese and a good amount of parsley completes this delicious dish.
- Eggplant Delicacy: these tasty noodles are a new twist on a traditional dish and even a fun surprise to those veggie noodles fan. These are velvety and absorb deep flavors in a fantastic way. Add a bit of spiciness for an extra kick.
It is always important to keep in mind that a healthy and balanced diet is key to managing your diabetes.
Eating a proper amount of protein in combination with healthy fats, a good amount of fiber and low doses of healthy, complex carbs becomes the perfect choice whenever you need to meal prep to keep your blood sugar levels steady and keep your health on track.