Cheat Sheet for Autumn Dinner Recipes
It’s that time of year again, fall… There’s nothing better than autumn dinner recipes making you feel like the holidays are around the corner. Here we’re going to give you a list of a few quick and easy fall recipes. These easy healthy fall recipes can help you prepare for your weekly meals or give you an idea of what to make on one of these chillier nights.
Easy Healthy Fall Recipes
It’s easy to go to the store and buy a can of soup but we want you to focus on being able to eat the delicious autumn dinner recipes that you love but enjoying them in a healthy way. Good House Keeping has a great list of great quick and easy fall recipes and here we’re going to give you a taste for a few of them. We hope you love them as much as we do, and if you’ve never heard of or seen them before, give them a try before you knock it!
Butternut Squash and White Bean Soup
This serves around 4 and takes up to 45 minutes to make. Here’s the ingredient list:
-1 large butternut squash
-2 tbsp. Olive oil
-1 onion – chop it up into small pieces
-2 cloves of garlic – pressed or chopped
-1 1inch ginger piece – also chopped
-6 cups low sodium chicken broth
-6 sprigs of fresh thyme
-1 15 oz. can white bean – rise them after taking them out of the can
-1 15oz can chickpeas – rise them after taking them out of the can
-½ cup couscous
-¼ cup roasted pistachios chopped finely
-¼ cup dried apricots – chopped finely
-¼ cup fresh cilantro – chopped up
-1 scallion sliced
1. Cut the butternut squash at the neck ( save the base for later). Peel and cut the butternut squash into ½ pieces. Heat 1 tbsp. of olive oil in a nonstick pan over medium. Once it’s hot add in the squash and cook it for around 8 minutes, covered. Stir occasionally
2. While the squash is cooking, heat the rest of the oil in a dutch oven on medium, add the onion and allow it to cook for around 6 minutes, covered. Stir occasionally. Add in the garlic and allow it to cook together for one minute.
3. Add in the broth, thyme and cooked butternut squash and bring it to a boil. With a fork, mash the white bean and add them to the soup with the chickpeas
4. Cook the couscous as the label directs you too and then fluff it with a work and add the pistachios to the couscous, folding them in. Also fold in the apricots, cilantro and scallion. Use the couscous mixture as a topper to the soup and enjoy.
Chili Pie with Cornbread Crust
This fantastic fall recipe calls for a mixture of cornbread and chili. Although it takes a bit longer to put together, having everything in one piece makes it even more worth it. It serves around 6 people and takes around an hour to make. Here is a list of the ingredients:
-¼ cup vegetable oil
-1 lb ground beef chuck
-1 large onion chopped finely
-2 medium bell pepper, chopped up without seeds
-2 cloves of garlic, chopped or pressed
-1 tbsp chili powder
-¼ tsp ground chipotle chile
-1 can of fire roasted diced tomatoes ( 14 oz)
-1 can of kidney beans rinsed without liquid ( 14 oz)
-1 can fat free refried bean ( 14 oz)
-⅔ cup fine to medium ground cornmeal
-⅔ cup all purpose flour
-1 tsp. Baking powder
-1 egg, large
-⅔ cup milk
-2 serrano chiles, sliced
-Cilantro to garnish
1. Make sure the oven is preheated to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
2. Using an oven safe skillet such as a cast iron skillet heat olive oil on medium. Add the beef and cook it until it’s brown and broken up into pieces. With a slotted spoon, transfer the beef to a bowl and get rid of the excess grease and fat. Add to the same skillet onion, and pepper and cook for around 7 minutes while stirring. Add in the garlic, chili powder and chipotle chile. Cook for around 2 minutes and then add back in the beef. Add in the tomatoes, beans and salt. Cook until the mixture is hot and then remove from heat.
3. While the above is cooking, prepare the corn bread. Whisk cornmeal, flour, baking powder and ¼ tsp salt. In a separate bowl whisk the egg, milk and 3 tablespoons of oil. Add it to the cornmeal mixture and stir it to combine. Fold in half of the serrano chiles and pour it over the beef mixture, making sure it covers it all. Add the leftover serrano chiles to the top.
4. Place the oven safe skillet in the oven and bake for around 25 minutes and use a toothpick to check to see if everything is cooked – it should come out clean after being inserted. Wait ten minutes before garnishing with cilantro and serve hot!
We hope you enjoy these delicious autumn dinner recipes! This is just the start, keep searching and you will find more that you love!