These summer recipes for diabetics are light, easy to make and can be part of a day packed with fun under the sun!
With the start of summer our minds immediately go to fun times, splashing around the water and having BBQs with our loved ones. For those taking care of their health, these summer recipes for diabetics are the perfect addition, one that is refreshing and healthy, without boring you out.
You may want to try some of these diabetic chicken recipes to take on your next adventure, because they are easy to whip up, but also are appropriate to be taken with you the next time you plan to spend a day out. Picnic time? You will be ready!
Managing your diabetes is not complicated if you have the right tool and proper guidance. In addition, making plans for your meals ahead of time will save you many headaches, time and the risk of eating something that may put your glucose levels in jeopardy.
Relying on diabetic friendly dinner recipes is also a great idea if you are planning on entertaining but still want to make sure you stay on the healthy side of things, or if you have loved ones that require just a little bit of extra care.
These summer recipes for diabetics are also packed with flavor, because no one said that eating healthy has to be bland or boring. Meal prepping can still be fun and something everyone in the family can enjoy doing together.
Now, we have rounded up our favorite diabetic chicken recipes, tossed in some dishes for seafood lovers, and sprinkled a couple of healthy desserts to make your summer more than spectacular.
- Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Bell-Peppers: nothing says summer time louder than buffalo chicken! This healthy dish combines the spiciness and tenderness of chicken with fresh, crunchy bell-peppers topped with your favorite grated cheese. Can you say decadent?
- Carnitas Tacos: Tacos-Tuesdays are famous for having families gathered around the table enjoying this delicious feast. As part of our diabetic friendly dinner recipes this plate uses lean pork tenderloin, paired perfectly with a fresh home-made salsa and whole wheat tortillas.
- Scallop and Asparagus Alfredo: a twist on the classic pasta dish, this version carries half of the calories and fat with double the flavor, provided by the wonderful combination of warm and perfectly seared scallops mixed with crunchy asparagus and whole wheat pasta al dente.
- Orange Shrimp with Zucchini Fritters: what could be more delicious that adding some seasonal citrus to your meal? This recipe is sweet and tangy, savory and colorful all rolled into one. Add the greek yogurt dipping sauce for an extra kick that everyone will love.
- Grilled Honey-Lime Chicken with Pineapple Salsa: did anyone say BBQ time? This outstanding dish will become a favorite of your pack thanks to the juicy, tender chicken and the bold pineapple salsa that tops it off. Give it a try, we dare you.
- Sesame Ginger Salmon Salad: for those that enjoy their leafy greens paired with an exotic sauce, this salad brings heaven. Perfectly cooked salmon tossed on top of crunchy mixed greens and slathered on a decadent ginger dressing. Who can resist?
And because no summer recipes for diabetics can be complete without dessert, we have added a few of our best diabetic-friendly ideas for those that have a sweet tooth:
- Brownie Raspberry Tart: who does not love chocolate? Especially if you can top it all off with seasonal berries, and that is exactly what this tart Creaminess, gooeyness and pure deliciousness.
- Layered Frozen Chocolate & Coffee Pops: with all the heat these summer days bring, you will need something refreshing to cool down. These tasty treats taste so heavenly you will forget they are actually healthy.
- Peach-Blueberry Crisp: these little cups are packed with goodness, from the seasonal, extra juicy fruit combination, to the crunch provided by the mixture of almonds, oats and coconut flakes.
Give these summer recipes for diabetics a try, we promise that you will fall in love with at least one of them, and you will not only enjoy your sunny days, but actually have fun cooking and eating with your loved ones while taking care of your health.