Valentine’s Day is just around the corner – these meal ideas for diabetics are not only delicious, but perfect for a romantic night for two!
Whether you are a hopeless romantic, or simply like to come up with a thoughtful meal for your significant other this Valentine’s day, you should take your health and well being into consideration. That is why, relying on meal ideas for diabetics is not only a stress-reliever, but will also provide the decadent flavors you seek.
Moreover, with so many diabetic recipes for dinner available these days whether it is online on included in health magazines, you can rest assure that you will be able to find the one that best fits your mood and your cravings!
That means that, many of these recipes are not exclusively diabetic dinner ideas for two, but go a bit beyond including desserts and plates that you can replicate any other day of your week for a quick-yet-healthy and flavorful meal.
We’ve rounded up some of our favorites meal ideas for diabetics that you can whip up easily this Valentine’s day and will ensure a fantastic feast for your significant other and yourself.
- Chicken and Mushroom Manicotti: this is such an easy recipe, that can go from an intimate dinner for two to a double-date feast! Packed with rich protein, aromatic herbs and sautéed veggies, this meal will make you taste the flavors of Italy right in your kitchen.
- Roast Beef with Mushroom-Fig Sauce: imagine a restaurant-style meal right in the comfort of your home. That is exactly what this plate packs, low carb, and always loved roast beef with a surprising twist with the fig sauce.
- Seared Scallops with Mint Pesto: there are also meal ideas for diabetics that take into consideration those seafood lovers out there! This recipe provides pleasant unique flavors and combinations that will leave your palate wanting more.
- Lamb Chops with Grape Balsamic Sauce: diabetic dinner ideas for two can also be bolder and more complex like this sweet and tangy one; butter-soft chops covered in a rich grape balsamic will make all your senses explode!
- Chicken Pot-Pie for Two: having diabetic recipes for dinner that are also comforting and remind you of your childhood, can make things extra special. This chicken pot pie one makes you think of a cozy night in, cuddling with your loved one.
- Feta-Stuffed Chicken: cheese lovers rejoice! This recipe is creamy, flavorful and comforting all in one. Combine it with a spinach and greens bed or your favorite whole-wheat pasta for a complete and decadent meal.
Aside from these mouth-watering meal ideas for diabetics that you can prepare and enjoy this upcoming V-Day, you should leave a small room for one of these outstanding desserts. We promise your meal will be an extraordinary experience if you end it with any of these sweet treats.
- Tiramisu Bites: coffee, chocolate and cream… Who can resist or say no to these sweet mini tarts? Even better? They only contain 22 grams of crabs but a whole lot of flavor!
- Roasted Mango with Shaved Coconut: a great and health way to finish a meal, this recipe is low-carb, extra low in calories but packed with flavor to satisfy your sweet tooth.
- Mini-Chocolate Tarts: for those that love chocolate, these mini tarts are full of richness without being too packed on sugar, fat or calories. You – and your significant other – will love them!
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Molten Cupcakes: a dessert that oozes chocolate AND peanut butter without compromising your health? Yes, this recipe is exactly that and the perfect way to end your Valentine’s day meal.
With these meal ideas for diabetics you can rest assure that you will have a wonderful and delicious dinner for two, that will not only be romantic but it will fulfill all of your expectations and more!