Did you know? Not only is apple cider vinegar for colds a great idea, but it comes packed with numerous benefits for your overall health!
You have probably heard of dozens and dozens of home remedies that are great for everything from the common cold to alleviating asthma. And while many may sound just plain crazy, using apple cider vinegar for colds is actually one that works.
Apple cider vinegar is probably known as the Holy Grail of home remedies; it has a long history of being useful to treat everything you can imagine, for a simple sore throat to varicose veins.
Truth is, apple cider vinegar for colds and flu is what many would call a miracle-worker, because it comes super packed with Vitamin C, acids that are believed are perfect agents to boost your immune system, and it has the ability of ending that nasty congestion that comes with the cold.
While this is not a one-size-fits-all remedy, apple cider vinegar for colds also comes with a number of added benefits that target your overall health.
As a preventive mechanism, this powerful agent comes with a “secret ingredient” called must. Coming from the apples, this must is basically a powerful group of bacteria that work as a probiotic, making the apple cider vinegar cold prevention idea actually plausible.
Moreover, using apple cider vinegar for colds provides your system with a number of properties that can be found in most foods that would be recommended to alleviate your symptoms. These nutrients include potassium, vitamins C and E and antioxidants.
So, in addition to using apple cider vinegar for colds and flu, this kitchen staple, can also:
- Regulate your blood sugar by lowering the glucose levels and increasing the insulin sensitivity
- Lower your bad cholesterol
- Enhance weight-loss
- Relive the symptoms of the acid reflux
- Sooth a sore throat
- Prevent indigestion
- Get rid of the dandruff in your hair
- Help clear acne
- Boost your energy when taken first thing in the morning with a glass of water
- Banish bad breath and whiten your teeth
While all of these alleviating benefits are truly amazing, the apple cider vinegar cold prevention idea can also be applied to cases where you want to avoid an unhealthy situation. That means that, the marvelous little jar you have sitting in your pantry, can also help by:
- Boosting your gut health, thus enhancing the your digestive system and allowing you to better digest and absorb nutrients;
- Fighting fungus that produces nail infections, athlete’s foot, yeast infections, etc.;
- Enhancing your circulation when used as a topical rub treatment in combination with witch hazel;
- Healing the super-itchy poison ivy rash, significantly reducing the swelling and burning sensation;
- Killing bugs and fleas that are so bothersome to your lovely puppy;
- Acting as a natural deodorant (who would have thought?!) due to its powerful antibacterial properties;
- Acting as a powerful household cleaner, killing germs and disinfecting surfaces;
- Keeping your hair shiny – in addition to removing the dreaded dandruff – it serves to prevent dryness, and enhances the health of your strands;
- Warding off seasonal allergies by supporting your lymphatic drainage kicking the sinus and seasonal sneezes away;
- Soothing sunburns, when used in combination with coconut and lavender oils.
All of these benefits may sound like too good to be true, but remember that they come after years of research and the never-failing trial and error expertise.
We do, however, understand that the flavor and smell may be an issue for many, but combining equal parts of apple cider vinegar with water and some lemon may make the experience a little bit more pleasant for those with a more sensitive response.
Also don’t forget, this is still a kitchen ingredient, so using it in your salads and dishes is a perfect way to incorporating the goodness that it has to offer while also easing out the intake of the vinegar by itself.