These helpful tips and tricks for winter foot care for diabetics will allow you to enjoy the holidays while staying healthy and worry-free.
When you live with diabetes, you necessarily need to make adjustments to your routine. And with the cooler temperatures approaching, the holidays and the traveling you shouldn’t ignore taking extra safety measures for winter foot care for diabetics.
One of the main reasons why diabetics fear the winter season is due to the actual effect cooler temps have on their systems. Wintery months causes an increase on HbA1c levels in people with diabetes, which is why it’s important to take precautionary steps to avoid any health scare.
There are many diabetic food care tips and tricks that you can start using right this minute. Not only because they are easy, but because they actually work. There are also many diabetic food care products that have made this list, cause we want to give you the best options we’ve found.
Cold months can lead to certain conditions in people living with diabetes. For this reason, we’ve created this list of useful tips of foot care for diabetics that will help you prepare for the season, while providing reassurance and the comfort your deserve.
Some of the most essential diabetic foot care tips are things that you probably already know and are part of your routine, but that become extra important this time of year:
- Inspect your feet daily: checking for any sore spots, calluses, changes in coloration, sores or breaks in your skin is essential. Whether it’s on your sole or between your toes, any sudden change in appliance and condition should be reported to your doctor immediately.
- Keep your feel dry and warm: walking around snow, rain or the cold can lead to humidity and changes in the temperature of your body. It is essential to dry your feet thoroughly to prevent bacteria from building up, and put on dry, warm socks.
- Take care of your nails: don’t forget to carefully trim your nails and keep them clean. This prevents infections and ulcers that could be harmful.
- Moisturize: just as important as keeping your feet dry is, keeping them moisturized helps prevent skin breakage and sores that can lead to infections.
For these diabetic foot care tips, we’ve rounded up a few diabetic foot care products that can be easily picked up from a store or pharmacy, and that will help you maintain a healthy routine during the winter months.
- Diabetics socks: a warm pair of socks can feel like heaven in cooler temperatures. These options are not only designed for diabetics, but they also pay extra care of your circulation and the pressure your feet receive with every step you take.
- Moisturizer: the right foot cream can make a huge difference in the way your feet feel. These pay are specially design to provide the right amount of moisture without feeling greasy or leaving a damp sensation.
- Insoles and cushions: just like it is important to pay attention to your circulation, these items help the pressure and stability of your feet while providing relief and support during long walks.
These diabetic foot care products can be found in the pharmacy of your preference, and are also available online from high-quality sellers, so you can rest assure that they are available whenever you need them.
It is important to understand that paying an extra bit of care and attention to your health this season does not have to compromise the way you enjoy the holidays or spending time with your loved ones.
These diabetic foot care tips are aimed at helping you take care of yourself and your health, so your mind is free to enjoy and celebrate, without having to worry about anything else.