Are you worried about your hair falling out? These tips to stop hair thinning may be the answer that you have been looking for.
If you are worried about the number of strands you see on your hairbrush on a daily basis, know that you are not alone. Women and men alike often suffer from what seems to be unexplainable hair loss, and worrying about it does not help. These tips to stop hair thinning may be just what you need to put an end to that problem.
It can certainly be disappointing seeing your hair change from a full, glorious mane, to brittle, thin strands that seem to get worse with each passing day.
The causes can be so many, from hereditary factors, a change in our diets, suffering from an ailment, taking certain medication, hormonal changes, etc. Which can make the issue somewhat unbearable for many.
However, while there is not a magic spell on how to prevent hair loss, there are indeed certain changes we can include in our routine and some adjustments we can make to our diets that could have a positive impact on this matter.
How to stop hair loss does not need to be a super complex process. In fact, a number of adjustments we can make right away, can start showing us some results in as little as a couple of weeks. So, what are the best tips to stop hair thinning?
- Increase your protein intake: yes, what you eat has a deep impact in your whole system, including your skin, hair and nails. Protein packed foods like wild salmon, chicken, lean turkey, egg whites, fish, etc. not only build tissue blocks within your body (including your hair), but they are also a great source of fatty acids which helps to balance your hormones.
- Washing your hair every single day: research has proven that washing your hair on a daily basis eliminates the production of natural oils and creates scalp imbalance, which can lead to a number of issues including dandruff (dry scalp), brittleness and hair loss.
- Add some honey: whether you decide to add it to your tea in the mornings, or use it as a deep conditioning mask directly in your hair, honey has been proven to eliminate problems such as itching, scaling, seborrheic dermatitis and hair thinning. One of the multi-use tips to stop hair thinning!
- Eat more nuts: you already know how certain nuts can provide the necessary good fat in your diet. Add omega 3 and 6 to the mix, plus the capacity to actually help with new hair growth, and you’ve got yourself a winning ticket!
- Oil it up: if you want to know how to prevent hair loss with something simple, just take a look in your pantry. Odds are you are super fan of coconut oil, (or maybe you prefer something like rosemary), and these type of natural oils are considered a heavenly nectar to your scalp. In particular they have been proven to promote hair growth and prevent loss.
- Stay away from high heat: whether you are a salon-tool expert, you spend too much time in the sun, or you are a fan of chemically-based changes, anything that leads to the use of extra heat on your hair is a no no. Try to let your hair air-dry as often as possible and always use a heat-protecting solution before styling it.
- Check your vitamin levels: sometimes a short visit to the Doctor is all it takes to know how to stop hair loss. Knowing whether or not you have a vitamin deficiency can make all the difference, and there are plenty of great supplements to help in that area.
- Loosen up: if you tend to tie your hair up all the time, use extensions, or braid it a lot, chances are you are putting too much strain on your hair follicles and strands. Try loose hair styles or simple let your hair flow naturally for a change.
These tips to stop hair thinning are not only great and proven to work, but they don’t take a whole lot of effort make them effective. Give them a try! You may just be on your way to recovering that gorgeous mane you miss so much.